Comunidad Valencia & Murcia
8th May 2021
Update of COVID 19 Measures in the Valencian Community. From the 9th of May 2021 for the next 15 days
- Movement in & out Comunidad Valenciana permitted
- Curfew from 00:00 hrs to 06:00 hrs
- Bars and Restaurants until 23:30 hrs
- Social meetings Max 10 people
- 75% places of worship
- In place from 9th May and for the next 15 days
2nd May 2021
Update of COVID 19 Measures in the Valencian Community. The temporary restrictions of non essential travel from 3rd world countries to the European Union and associated with the European Schengen area, due to COVID 19, will be extended to 31st of May 2021
This means although Britain may change their travel restrictions, as from the 17th of May. Spain / European Union are not the same, they have extended the travel restrictions until the 31st of May 2021.
Please check with both British government and Spanish government rules. Currently there is NO travel for tourism, only essential travel permitted. Both to Spain, from the UK. The Valencia border is currently still enforce. Only essential travel, no tourist travel permitted. We are seeing an increase in movement, and visitors, who are clearly tourists. Please be aware the travel restrictions, regarding 3rd world countries, have been extended until the 31st of May.
If you are stopped you must be able to justify your reason for travel, otherwise fines may be enforced. Should you have any questions please ask. Stay safe we all hope to be back to some form of normality soon.
26th April 2021
The 13th Update of the Covid 19 Restrictions has been published. This included the restrictions mentioned bellow, applicable from the 26th April 2021 to 9th of May 2021, both dates inclusive.
22nd April 2021
Update of COVID19 Measures in the Valencian Community these measures come into effect Monday April 26th to 9th of May 2021 – The state of alarm is still inforce.
- 6 people maximum in public spaces
- Bars, Restaurants can have 100% capacity on terraces & 30% capacity inside
- There is flexibility to conditions regarding visiting residencies
- The border confinement, Entry & Exit to Valencia Community will continue.
- Nightime curfew will start from 22:00hrs
- Shops / commercial units can open until 20:00hrs
- Bar & Restaurants can stay open until 22:00hrs Maximum 6 people to 1 table
- Cinemas, Theaters, & cultural areas were 50% maximum interior, this has been extended to 75% maximum interior
- Ceremonies can have 50% of their legal capacity.
Already there is confusion, how can the bars & restaurants stay open until 22:00hrs – But the Night time curfew starts at 22:00hrs – 06:00hrs
We will update as soon as we have clarification. Stay safe
9th April 2021
Update of COVID19 Measures in the Valencian Community these measures come into effect April 12th to 25th 2021 – The state of alarm is still inforce.
- 2 households permitted to meet in private spaces/homes
- 6 people in public spaces
- Visits permitted to vaccinated care homes
- Bars / cafes and restaurants can have 100% on terraces, 30% interior up until 1800hrs maximum 6 people per table.
- Continuation of the border closure in Valencia
- Everyone in by 22.00hrs (No travel or outdoors unless authorized)
- Commercial shops can stay open until 20.00hrs
The face mask fiasco, on the beach has been clarified, you can remove your face mask when sunbathing, abiding social distance measures* (this can be reviewed)
British Driving License in Spain. Thank you to our friends at the N332. This will help answer, many questions our friends and clients are asking.
- 1. *If you registered with the Spanish Traffic Authority (DGT) before 30 December 2020*
- If you were resident in Spain before 1 January 2021 and registered with the DGT before 30 December 2020, you should request an appointment with the DGT to exchange your UK licence by 30 June 2021.
- proof you are registered as a resident in Spain (e.g. TIE – Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero; green EU residence certificate)
- your UK licence
- 2. *If you did not register with DGT before 30 December 2020*
- 3. *Driving in the UK with a Spanish licence*
3rd April 2021
Face masks must be worn by all over the age of 6years (including, when you sunbath on the beach) This new legislation was brought into effect today, the social distance rules still apply, now you must wear a face mask when you are in a public space at all times, everywhere.
Spain has clarified the travel restrictions will be reviewed 30th April 2021. There is NO CHANGE to the rules for arrivals in Spain from the UK. Only essential travel, No Tourism reasons accepted.
29th March 2021
UK travelers – To be clear after lots of investigation, from Monday the 30th March the UK Government will impose a fine of 5,000 sterling to anyone who cannot prove their travel is essential and non-tourism, this will be in place until the 30th June 2021 (Yes you can visit Spain, as long as your visit is essential, and non-tourism)
Yes it is possible to leave the UK to Spain if your essential reason is “in connection with the purchase, sale, letting, or rental of a residential property” – We have copies of the 96 page UK legislation approved – Send an email inquiry and we will send it to you Traveling to Spain is possible.
Remember, because the UK confirm it is okay to leave the UK, does not mean the Spanish authorities confirm it is okay to arrive in Spain. (Spain has not clarified if the reason “in connection with the purchase, sale, letting, or rental of a residential property” is acceptable)
We are all waiting and wanting clarification as soon as possible. As soon as we know we will publish the answer. Stay safe
26th March 2021
UK travelers – Recently we have received a number of phone calls and emails asking for information regarding visiting a holiday home, or intending to view & purchase a residential property in Spain after the 30th of March? Many media outlets claiming “Spain is open”. This is technically correct as long as you can prove your reason to travel.
1st step, is your travel essential? The UK has placed a 5,000 sterling, fine for those who do not and cannot prove their reason for travel abroad. Click the logo for more details. We will try to summarize for a quick read here:
Yes you can fly to Spain, but there are restriction both entering and exiting both countries UK to Spain, and Spain to UK, including testing requirements ( fail or not comply, with any, you may be fined a lot of monies, both in UK and Spain )
- Spanish citizens, legal residents of Spain can enter
If you are none of the above, you must prove with documentation
- Why your entry is for essential and non-tourism reasons
- Eg. Work, Study, Wedding, Legal obligations, Childcare or to be present at a birth, Visiting a dying relative, Attending a funeral, Medical appointments, Escaping a risk of harm…… and there are many more reasons.
- People traveling for imperative family reasons who can demonstrate an essential need to travel.
- You must prove, with documentation, the reason for your essential need to enter Spain
All of the circumstances above must be justified with documentary evidence.
- All travelers must be named, on all evidential reason to travel
- If your documented evidence is not accepted on departure from the UK or arrival to Spain, you can be refused travel, exit or entry from both countries, and incur a fine.
You should be aware that you may be questioned on arrival by Spanish border authorities to ensure you meet the entry requirements. Spanish border authorities will only grant entry if they are satisfied that your journey to Spain is essential and for a non-tourism reason, they can reserve the right to deny forward travel.
Remember a note written on a bit of paper, will not qualify as documentary evidence, unless completed, with the reason for travel, contact details of the person issuing the letter and details of the named travelers, etc…. So the answer to leaving the UK with the intention to view and purchase a residential property in Spain is YES, a holiday home has NOT been clarified in Spain. (your reason must be good, and the evidence, even better)…. there are many rules / laws you must follow. If you have any questions please just ask.
We do look forward to seeing you all again, we hope very soon
Documents you will need to complete before you start your travel advised by UK Government here
Remember stay safe.
17th March 2021
EU commission detailing ‘green digital certificate’ for travel
The commission has now moved on to its travel plans, specifically its “green digital certificate” scheme.
It was anticipated this would be the key part of today’s news conference, but the threats over vaccine exports, have gone some way towards overshadowing that.
Commissioner Didier Reynders, who is presenting the briefing alongside Ms Von der Leyen, insists the digital green certificate will include only essential information and secure personal data.
He says it is a temporary measure and will be suspended once the World Health Organisation declares the end of the pandemic.
11th March 2021
These measures have been announced today in a press conference and tomorrow there should be an official decree with the measures in further details. We will release more details when we have them
Health cards & Vaccine in Spain for UK Residents
March 5th 2021
- No travel between Autonomous Communities unless for justified reasons
- The curfew during those days will be from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Social meetings, of a maximum of FOUR people, both indoors and outdoors
- Mass events are prohibited
February 25 2021
Changes in COVID19 measures Comunidad Valenciana from March 1st until the 15th March 2021
- Bars, Restaurants & Cafes with Terraces can open until 6 p.m.
- Shops can open until 8pm
- 4 people in public spaces and groups of same household in private spaces / homes are allowed to mix
- Perimeters to large cities will no longer apply
- Outdoor sport will be allowed without physical contact
- Night time limitations remain 10pm
February 10th 2021
From 3p.m. on Friday, February 5th, 2021 to 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 8th, the main accesses to Torrevieja will be closed due to the perimeter closure decided by the Generalitat to reduce mobility and the spread of covid 19.
The 4 main accesses to the City of Torrevieja will be controlled by local police and guardia
The 4 main entrances to the city of Torrevieja will be controlled by the Local Police and the Civil Guard to guarantee the perimeter closure of the city.
The vehicle entry and exit controls will be located at:
- Northern section of the N-332 road near La Mata
- Southern section of the N-332 road that connects Torrevieja with Orihuela Costa
- CV-95 road
- CV-905 road
The 6 access roads to the city will also be kept closed with barriers, in order to redirect vehicle traffic to the police checkpoints.During the past weekend, a total of 125 controls were carried out, identifying 7,534 cars which resulted in 72 fines for violating the prohibition of the perimeter closure. Around 700 vehicles that tried to enter Torrevieja had to turn around and return to their places of residence.
Frequently asked questions about the Torrevieja perimeter closure:
- Can I go to a health centre?
Yes. Travel to health centres that involve passing municipal limits is allowed.
Take proof of appointments.
- Can I go to work in Orihuela or another town?
Yes, you can travel to fulfil work obligations as long as you can justify it.
Take some form of proof to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Can I go to the Zenia Boulevard shopping centre?
If you live outside the municipality of Orihuela then no, since Zenia Boulevard shopping centre is located within Orihuela.
- Can I go to the Habaneras shopping centre?
If you live in the municipality of Torrevieja, then yes, but the establishments of the Habaneras shopping centre that are not considered essential will only remain open until 6pm, with the exception of food, hygiene, pharmacy, orthopedics, opticians, hairdressing services and the sale of animal feed, who keep their usual hours. Also all coffee shops, bars and restaurants remain closed.
26th January 2021 The Spanish Government has today extended the present travel ban on flights / ferries carrying anyone from the UK except Spanish Nationals and foreigners with full Spanish Residencia (TIE card or the old style green Residencia card or certificate) for a further 14 days, until at least 1800hrs on the 16th February 2021 24th January 2021 The Generalitat Valencia clarifies the following:
- Family or social meetings at home are limited to the same nucleus of cohabitation, with exceptions.
- In the public space –whether they are closed spaces or outdoors–, family or social gatherings are limited to a maximum of 2 people, except in the case of cohabitants.
- In both cases the following exceptions apply: work or institutional meetings, activities in the educational sphere and care for vulnerable people (elderly, minors).
- The municipal perimeter confinement will be applied from 3:00 p.m. on Friday to 6:00 a.m. the following Monday
20 January 2021 New COVID19 measures COMUNIDAD VALENCIANA
These new measures will be implemented from this Thursday, January 21st, and will be in force until January 31st.
Closure of all sports facilities, except for professional athletes.